Pack My Rx – RX and Over the Counter Medication At Camp
In our ongoing commitment to ensure the safety of our campers who take any medications while at camp, we work with Pack My Rx, which uses the pharmacy, Direct Meds of Florida.
Pack My Rx is the only way for medication to be accepted at camp. The only exception is if the pharmacy notifies us it is unable to accept your insurance or fill a particular medication and then we will work with you to have it sent to camp properly. If that happens, please contact Trudy@bebercamp.com immediately and she will give you instructions on what to do.
Pack My Rx will package your child’s medications in strips of individual pouches labeled with your child’s name, medication(s), date, and time of day to administer. This distribution method is endorsed by the American Camp Association, as it helps nurses stay organized and helps avoid potential errors.
Important information to know ahead of time:
- Registration opens on February 1st; it is important to register as early as possible at packmyrx.com.
- Prescriptions have to be sent to Direct Meds of Florida at least one month before camp starts but can be sent as early as February.
- Direct Meds of Florida will fill a 30-day supply for all prescriptions and send to camp prior to your child’s arrival, but will usually not submit to your insurance until your child is at camp. Please ask your insurance to allow a vacation override for the summer camp months. If your child is at camp for more than 30 days, a 30-day refill will be sent to camp. Any medication packed for camp that is not used at camp is sent home with your child.
- You may refill any necessary medication before camp starts, but do not fill prescriptions at home while your child is at camp. Leave any unused medication at home for use after camp.
- Most commercial prescription insurance plans are accepted. Medicaid is not accepted.
- Parents are responsible for all out-of-pocket expenses.
- Gummies, dissolvable pills and liquids cannot be packed in pouches so please substitute with tablets or chewable alternatives.
- If you have used Pack My Rx before, your login information remains the same, but you need to create a new registration for each summer
- Once you have registered with Pack My Rx, you will need to contact Pack My Rx directly if you have any changes in medications later.
- Be sure that all medications listed in the Health History Form match the medications you register with Pack My Rx.
Please complete your registration at packmyrx.com as early as possible, so that Pack My Rx can guarantee the timely arrival of medications to camp and avoid any late fees and/or expedited shipping fees.
Pack My Rx registration needs to be completed online. Please take extra care to enter all information accurately, to avoid any errors.
Listed below is all the information needed to register with Pack My Rx:
- Instructions on how to register
- Instructions for your physician on how to send prescriptions to Direct Meds of Florida.
- Information about registration fees, prescription insurance, and late fees.
Using the Pack My Rx packaging process is required for all daily and as needed pill-form medications, whether prescription or over-the-counter. This also includes any over-the-counter vitamins or supplements your child may take.
As gummy medications, gummy vitamins/supplements, liquids and dissolvable pills cannot be packed out safely, we will not accept any gummy medications, gummy vitamins/supplements, liquids or dissolvable pills at camp. If it is a prescription medication, your doctor must write a prescription for a comparable chewable substitute if you want your camper to have that prescription medication at camp. If it’s an over-the-counter medication/vitamin/supplement
Most of this information can also be found on the website packmyrx.com under the Camp Parents’ tab and during the registration process.
If you have used Pack My Rx before, your login information remains the same.
- Log on to Packmyrx.com
- At the upper right corner, click on the “Get Started” button.
- Enter your name and last name, email and create a password.
- Select role: Camp Parent
- After completing this first part, you will receive an email with a link to begin registration.
- Click on the verification link you receive in your email to begin registration.
- Enter the first 3 letters of your camp (BEB) and select it from the drop-down menu.
- For Camp Sessions: select session(s) your child will attend.
- Fill out all required fields (with an *)
- We require contact info for only one parent but need at least 2 phone numbers.
- If your contact information is international, there is a box you must check to be able to fill out your information.
- If you would like Pack My Rx to bill your prescription insurance, it is important to fill out all the required information. If you do not know the Rx Bin, Rx Group, Rx ID, or Rx PCN, please call the number on your insurance card and find out this information.
- It is also mandatory to submit a copy of your insurance card by uploading a photo of the front and back of the card. In case you have difficulty uploading the photos, they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have ongoing refills at your local pharmacy, we need the pharmacy information.
- The information for each prescription and over-the-counter medication has to be entered separately and you must click on “save” after each one. When filling in medication information, please make sure everything matches what is written on the actual prescriptions. Please specify your preferred med times: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Bedtime)
- A credit card is needed to complete registration. The registration fee will be charged to that card and we will keep the encrypted number on file for any medication charges as well as any late fees. We do not accept FSA/HSA cards.
- Please read all acknowledgments carefully, and click each box.
- Click on “submit registration” to finish.
- We accept most prescription insurance plans and co-payments should be similar to those at your local pharmacy.
- Once we receive your registration, we will verify coverage and notify you if we have any issues.
- We do not accept any Medicaid plans other than Florida’s.
- We will make every effort to bill your insurance. In the event that prescriptions are not covered, we will contact you to give you options for getting the medication. You are responsible for any out-of-pocket cost, and it will be charged to your credit card.
- Although prescriptions usually cannot be filled until the monthly refill date, we will dispense the medication so it arrives on time to camp. Please understand that you cannot refill your child’s medication while your child is away as this will cause your insurance to reject Direct Meds’ insurance claim. If we cannot bill the insurance before shipping the medication, we will continue to try to bill your insurance for a maximum of 30 days after which we will charge your credit card the full retail price of the medication dispensed.
- $60 per child, for a 30-day supply
- $70 per child, for a 60-day supply
- Will be charged to your credit card when registration is submitted.
30 days (May 20 – 1st session and June 17 – 2nd session) before camp starts, Direct Meds of Florida must have:
- A completed registration
- All prescriptions for 30 days, plus a refill or additional script for 8-week campers.
- Copy of insurance card, if you are getting prescription meds and want us to bill your insurance
The following Late Fees will apply if any of the above requirements arrives late:
$30 Fee: if less than 30 days before camp starts
$85 Fee: if less than 14 days before camp starts
- This covers 2-day UPS shipping.
- This fee will also be charged if there are any medication changes that require a special rush shipment.
- The registration fee does not include the cost of any medication. Any medication not covered by insurance, including co-payments and the cost of over the counter medications, will be charged to your credit card.
- Please note that in the event that we cannot obtain a particular brand of supplement and you have to send a sealed bottle to Pack My Rx, you will be charged a $10 repackaging fee per supplement.