Pack My Rx – Prescription Medication At Camp
In our ongoing commitment to ensure the safety of our campers who take any medications while at camp, we work with Pack My Rx.
We expect 100% participation from families with campers who will need medication while at camp. The only exception is if the pharmacy notifies us it is unable to accept your insurance or fill a particular medication.
Pack My Rx will package your child’s medications in strips of individual pouches labeled with your child’s name, medication(s), date, and time of day to administer. This distribution method is endorsed by the American Camp Association, as it helps nurses stay organized and helps avoid potential errors.
Pack My Rx will ship all medications on a monthly basis and any extra medication will be sent home with your camper.
Please complete your registration at packmyrx.com as early as possible, so that Pack My Rx can guarantee the timely arrival of medications to camp and avoid any late fees and/or expedited shipping fees.
In case camp is canceled due to COVID 19, Pack My Rx will refund all registration fees.
Pack My Rx registration needs to be completed online. Please take extra care to enter all information accurately, to avoid any errors.
Listed below is all the information needed to register with Pack My Rx:
- Instructions on how to register
- Instructions for your physician on how to send prescriptions to Direct Meds of Florida.
- Instructions for your physician to authorize any over the counter medications to be packaged by Direct Meds of Florida.
- Information about registration fees, prescription insurance, and late fees.
Using the Pack My Rx packaging process is required for all daily pill-form and liquid medications, whether prescription or over-the-counter. This also includes any over-the-counter vitamins or supplements your child may take.
As gummy medications and gummy vitamins cannot be packed out safely, we will not accept any gummy medications or gummy supplements at camp. Your doctor must write a prescription for a comparable chewable substitute for gummies if you want your camper to have that medication/vitamin at camp.
The only medications exempt from using the service are powders, inhalers, nose sprays, birth control pills, epinephrine auto-injectors, and other injectable medications. However, you may go through Pack My Rx for these medications as well. If you are sending these medications directly to camp, you must have your doctor complete the Beber Camp Medication Authorization Form.
Most of this information can also be found on the website packmyrx.com under the Camp Parents’ tab and during the registration process.
If you have used Pack My Rx before, your login information remains the same.
- Log on to Packmyrx.com
- At the upper right corner, click on the “Get Started” button.
- Enter your name and last name, email and create a password.
- Select role: Camp Parent
- After completing this first part, you will receive an email with a link to begin registration.
- Click on the verification link you receive in your email to begin registration.
- Enter the first 3 letters of your camp (BEB) and select it from the drop-down menu.
- For Camp Sessions: select session(s) your child will attend.
- Fill out all required fields (with an *)
- We require contact info for only one parent, but need at least 2 phone numbers.
- If your contact information is international, there is a box you must check to be able to fill out your information.
- If you would like Pack My Rx to bill your prescription insurance, it is important to fill out all the required information. If you do not know the Rx Bin, Rx Group, Rx ID, or Rx PCN, please call the number on your insurance card and find out this information.
- It is also mandatory to submit a copy of your insurance card by uploading the photo of the front and back of the card. In case you have difficulty uploading the photos, they can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you have ongoing refills at your local pharmacy, we need the pharmacy information.
- The information for each prescription and over the counter medication has to be entered separately and you must click on “save” after each one. When filling in medication information, please make sure everything matches what is written on the actual prescriptions. Please specify your preferred med times: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Bedtime)
- Please understand that we require a doctor’s authorization note for all over the counter medications, vitamins and supplements.
- A credit card is needed to complete registration. The registration fee will be charged to that card and we will keep the encrypted number on file for any medication charges as well as any late fees. We do not accept FSA/HSA cards.
- Please read all acknowledgements carefully, and click each box.
- Click on “submit registration” to finish.
Please call or email Pack My Rx directly for any assistance. They can be reached at 888-598-6337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We accept most prescription insurance plans and co-payments should be similar to those at your local pharmacy.
- Once we receive your registration, we will verify coverage and notify you if we have any issues.
- We do not accept any Medicaid plans other than Florida’s.
- We will make every effort to bill your insurance. In the event that prescriptions are not covered, you are responsible for any out of pocket cost which will be charged to your credit card.
- Although prescriptions usually cannot be filled until the monthly refill date, we will dispense the medication so it arrives on time to camp. Please understand that you cannot refill your child’s medication while your child is away as this will cause your insurance to reject Direct Meds’ insurance claim. If we cannot bill the insurance before shipping the medication, we will continue to try to bill your insurance for a maximum of 30 days after which we will charge your credit card the full retail price of the medication dispensed.
- $50 for kids going to camp for 30 days or less (1-month supply of medication)
- $60 for kids going to camp for more than 30 days (2-months’ supply of medication)
- Will be charged to your credit card when registration is submitted.
- $10 will be charged to your credit card if we do not receive registration and prescriptions at least 30 days before camp starts. (May 21 – 1st session and June 18 – 2nd session).
Expedited Shipping Fee
- $30 will be charged to your credit card if we do not receive registration and prescriptions at least 14 days before camp starts.
- This fee will also be charged if your child has any medication changes that require a special shipment in the middle of a camp session.
- The registration fee does not include the cost of any medication. Any medication not covered by insurance, including co-payments and the cost of over the counter medications, will be charged to your credit card.
- Please note that in the event that we cannot obtain a particular brand of supplement and you have to send a sealed bottle to Pack My Rx, you will be charged a $10 repackaging fee per supplement.