We are committed to ensuring that no child is denied a Jewish summer experience at Beber Camp, regardless of a family’s financial need.
As such, internal needs-based assistance is available through our scholarship fund for all of our programs and we have partnered with the One Happy Camper (Campership) program to provide first-time incentives for parents to choose Jewish camp. Read below for the Beber Financial Aid application and for tools to help make camp more affordable for your family.
In partnership with our alumni, board, private foundations, and individual donors, Beber Camp is able to provide financial assistance to our camp families.
- Beber Camp offers need-based scholarships to all of our families. Families requesting financial assistance pay a reduced deposit amount and flexible payment schedules are available.
- One source of scholarship funds can be your local synagogue. Many synagogues provide assistance on behalf of their member families for camp programs.
- Another source of financial assistance is the Jewish Federation in your community. Many local Federations now sponsor needs-based camp scholarships. (Chicago, IL | Louisville, KY | New Orleans, LA)
- We are committed to be your partner as your family moves through the financial aid process. Please do not hesitate to contact Joel Bennett at (847) 677-7130 with any questions or concerns.
“One Happy Camper” First Year Incentive Grants
Intended for Jewish children not currently participating in a daily immersive Jewish experience, this gift – Up to $1000 for first first-year campers, and $500 for each additional sibling attending for their first time – is a bold statement about the importance of the overnight Jewish camp experience to the future of our community.
To apply for this grant, visit onehappycamper.org.
The system will automatically determine your eligibility based on a variety of factors, including location, participation in a full-time Jewish Day School program, and camper age. Generally speaking, to be eligible for a grant, summer sessions must be at least nineteen days long to qualify for funding through this program—therefore, our two-week rookie session for first-time Makor campers is not eligible. However, Rookie sessions extended to our full four-week session do qualify.
Traveling to Israel with our Pioneer Program?
Have a camper who is participating in the Pioneer Israel Trip? Exciting! The Financial Aid process for this program is similar, but separate from the general camp scholarship program. Families requesting financial assistance for the Pioneer Israel Trip should complete the Beber Camp Financial Aid Application and pursue sources of local funding for teen leadership Israel programming.
Beber Camp, as well as many local communities, have set aside monies specifically for sending campers to Israel. We have highlighted several communities and listed relevant contact information below:
Chicago, Illinois – Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
In Chicago, the funding criteria and applications for the JUF’s Israel Trip financial aid programs are online. We’ve linked to them here:
- Jewish Federation Israel Experience High School financial need-based scholarship
- Jewish Federation Israel Experience Merit Scholarship
Cleveland, OH – Jewish Education Center of Cleveland
Submit information requests to: Helen Wolf, Israel Programs Director. 2030 S. Taylor Road Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118 216-371-0449.
Louisville, KY – Jewish Community of Louisville
Submit letters of application to Sara Wagner at the Jewish Community of Louisville. 3630 Dutchmans Lane, Louisville, Kentucky 40205.
Milwaukee, WI – Milwaukee Jewish Federation
While the Milwaukee Federation does not have financial assistance available for Israel teen programs, families can utilize any monies they have set aside through the “Passport 2 Israel” program. Questions about utilizing thse funds should be directed to: Tracy Wroblewski 414-390-5722
Buffalo, NY – Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies
Contact Peter Fleischman. 787 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, New York 14209. (716) 882-1166.