Preparing for a bar or bat mitzvah? Consider a Mitzvah Project to support Beber’s Annual Campaign for Scholarship and help ensure that no camper is denied a summer experience at Beber due to financial need.
There are many ways to participate in a Beber Mitzvah Project:
- Ask family and friends to donate to Beber’s Annual Campaign in addition to or in place of gifts
- Donate a designated portion, such as 18%, of cash gifts to the Annual Campaign
- Create items to sell (such as jewelry or baked goods or Beber Swag) and donate the proceeds to the Annual Campaign
- Participate in a sporting event and solicit family and friends to sponsor your participation through donations to the Annual Campaign
- Create an event at a local restaurant or retail store where a percentage of proceeds go to the Annual Campaign
For David’s Bar Mitzvah Project, he chose to support Beber Camp’s Scholarship Fund by hosting a basketball tournament. He charged a fee for participation as well as snacks, and all the money raised went to Beber Camp.
“I want other people who may not be able to go to camp due to financial issues to be able to have the same great Beber experiences that I had had and look forward to every summer.”
Louie raised money for Beber’s Scholarship Fund through selling Louie’s MItzvah Mandelbread. He sold chocolate chip and pistachio flavors. Louie loves cooking and wanted to support Beber while doing one of his favorite activities.
“I decided to dedicate my mitzvah project to Beber because I have gone to Beber since fourth grade, and I love going to camp because it makes me feel like I’m home when I’m there and around all of my friends. I want other kids to have the same experience I do.”
Kate raised money for Beber’s Scholarship Fund by partnering with Portillo’s for an event. She set up a time and date where a percentage of proceeds would benefit the Annual Campaign when guests mentioned Beber. See Kate’s event invitation here: Kate Shapiro_Portillo’s
For Sammy’s Bat Mitzvah Project, she donated a portion of her gifts to Beber’s Scholarship Fund. Additionally, she encouraged guests to make separate donations in honor of her becoming a Bat Mitzvah. See Sammy’s note here: Sammy Frankel Mitzvah Project